I've been blogging some of the highlights of our Tokyo Tour this summer. I figured why not share the whole itinerary to help those who are going plan their trip.
Google Maps is our best friend when traveling. We used it to navigate and know what establishments are near us. Also, we made our own 8 nights / 9 days itinerary but we did a lot of research before our trip.
Here are the links that really helped us with our ultimate Tokyo itinerary :)
- Japan Guide
- A lot of Japanese don't speak English. So, you also need to learn some basic Japanese words so you could interact when you're in a restaurant or just ask them if you need help with directions. I like this Japanese phrases you need for a travelling video that Currently Hannah did.
- For recommended restaurants to try per area, Paolo From Tokyo's videos helped us a lot. He's a Filipino based in Japan and he has lots of great videos about Japan
Day 1 - Walk at Shibakoen, Minato City
For our Day 1, we just walked around our hotel area which is Hamamutsucho, Shibakoen and Tokyo Tower.
- Arrival at Narita Airport
- Check-in at Hotel Mystays Hamamutsucho (Passed by Shibakoen going to Zozoji Temple. Here you can find a lot of establishments like McDonald's, Yoshinoya, Matsuya, Gindako (one of the most famous Takoyaki places in Japan, Mo's Burger, Starbucks, and a lot more )
- Zozoji Temple
- Tokyo Tower
- watch our Tokyo Japan Day 1 video here.
Day 2 - Explore Western Tokyo
- Sunday Mass at Catholic Hatsudai Church
- Yoyogi Park
- Meiji Shrine
- Harajuku / Tokyu Plaza / Cat Street
- Watch our Tokyo Japan Day 2 video here.
Day 3 - Full Day at Odaiba
- TeamLab Borderless Museum
- Toyota MegaWeb
- Venus Fort
- History Garage
- Diver City
- Aqua City (where you can see the Rainbow Bridge and Statue of Liberty)
- Click to watch our Team Lab Borderless and Odaiba Day videos.
Day 4 -
- Asakusa / Ameyoko
- Ginza (where the Uniqlo Flagship Store is)
Day 5 - Tokyo DisneySea
Day 6 - Northern Tokyo
- Ueno Park
- Tokyo Dome
- Japan Karate Association Headquarters (JKA)
- Watch our video here.
Day 7 - Mount Fuji Day / Shinjuku at night
Day 8 - Central Tokyo
- Tokyo Station
- Imperial Palace
- Ochonomizu (Tokyo's guitar street)
- Caretta Shiodome ( for a free top view of Tokyo)
- Watch our Last Full Day in Tokyo video here.
Day 9 - Last Day in Tokyo
Since our flight was around 2pm, we decided to stay in Hamamutsucho area to have breakfast and to stroll a little. Going to Narita airport takes time so we left a little bit early so we won't encounter any hassle.
One last note, take a lot of walking and cardio exercise to prepare your body for long walks before going to Tokyo. We had 20,000 steps or even more each day on our trip. But we really enjoyed our Tokyo tour. I think we have done a lot of things with this itinerary already.
Do you have an itinerary of your own? Please don't be shy to share.