Why I breastfeed my baby?
1) All moms intend to give their baby all the best. Best clothes, best crib, best baby products. The number one in my list is the best food. I want my baby to always be in a healthy state.
2) I've read a lot of articles that breastfeeding can prevent breast and ovarian cancer. I have a history of one so it's a plus!
3) Some people say that having breastfed my baby for at least two months is enough, he got the colostrum which is the most important anyway. But I don't buy that. I want to give my baby the maximum nutrition and I intend to breastfeed my baby as long as I can. Now that he is five months old, breastfeeding is already a breeze. Being a working mom, my greatest fear is "what if my baby forgets me?" and "what if he prefers someone else more than me?". Breastfeeding helps me trust myself as a mom knowing that there's something no one else can give him but me.
4) I find breastfeeding very convenient. No bottles to wash, no milk preparation at night, and few things to bring when travelling.
5) Unending list of breastfeeding benefits.
6) I want to raise a happy and a healthy baby. Monitoring his growth and development from 1-5 months, I am very happy with the results.
August is Breastfeeding Month! There are many exciting events happening for all the breastfeeding moms out there.
Eastwood City Mall, QTV and LATCH have all teamed up together to bring to the public frequenting Eastwood City Mall a breastfeeding station that is truly mommy and baby friendly. They are launching this on August 2, 2010 and a mommy market will be held for the whole week after, featuring family-friendly vendors. The highlight of the launch will be capped by talks and the launch of Eden Maternity Wear (by Bianca Elizalde) on August 8.
Mommy Milkshake is a fun run that's welcome to all members of the family- moms, expectant moms, dads, kids and babies, even single people, beginner and avid runners. The event will be on August 8! Registration is P200 for adults, P 100 for kids ages 3-15. Register now at http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHhCOUtqUFBRd2NVVnVvdHhOcXU4aGc6MQ.
Lastly, La Leche League will continue to hold its monthly meetings in Mary the Queen, Greenhills (August 14) and Rustan's Makati (August 21).
Happy Breastfeeding Month!