Here are the churches we went to last night:
1. Sanctuario de San Jose, Greenhills East - This is where we used to hear mass. We have a lot of friends and family who got married here. This is where Lana had her baptism too.
2. Mary the Queen, San Juan - This is the church near ICA and Xavier School. I like this church because it's quiet and you can easily park there at the side of ICA. There's also a famous bibingka store in front. Unfortunately, the line was so long. We didn't bother to buy anymore.
3. Mount Carmel Shrine, New Manila - this is only a few minutes from Mary the Queen Church. This is where my brother got married. This is a very huge church. I also had a lot of good memories here during my wedding makeup days before.
4. Sacred Heart Parish, Kamuning Q.C. - I used to live near here so I had flashbacks of walking to this church during Simbang Gabi. It was nice to visit here again.
5. Immaculate Conception Cathedral - This is where I was baptized, had my Confirmation and First Holy Communion. Pau and I also got married here. It was amazing to see my old school again and to show it to my kids.
6. Holy Family Parish, Kapitolyo - We decided to have the last 2 churches near our place in Mandaluyong. We often go to this church because it's not too crowded and it's a nice church.
7. San Roque Parish, Barangka Ibaba Mandaluyong - This is where we usually have mass when we don't want to travel far and bring our car anymore. It's just one tricycle ride from our place.
@iamkimrodz Our Visita Iglesia 2023 #fyp #foryoupage #visitaiglesia2023 #catholicchurch #holyweek2023 #visitaiglesia #visitaiglesiamanila ♬ original sound - Kim Tan-Rodriguez
I'm so happy that we finally did this. It was hard to park on some churches but we were surprised that we got lucky this time. Some people don't even bother to check the main parking space of the church and just park on the side streets. We want our kids to understand the true meaning of Holy Week and I think we were successful on that part.