Makeup that is healthy to the skin? That would be a wonder product from a beauty addict's perspective. I don't know why I haven't tried a lot of VMV products but a number of people I know who have sensitive skin swear by this brand. And recently, they released another exciting product called Tarte-a-tan:
What is VMV Tarte-a-tan? It is an Antioxidant Bronzing “Coco” Powder. A whisper-light bronzer
as beautiful, cheerful and diaphanous as spun sugar. Sheer fabness.
- With USDA-certified organic virgin coconut oil:
- Unparalleled hydration: fatty acids are native to skin + replace lipids lost to aging + dehydration.
- In skin cells, creates a healthier balance of saturated-tounsaturated fatty acids: repairs damage from aging, the sun + other environmental factors.
- Anti-Aging Benefits: rich in growth factors; enables skin to form more anti-inflammatory cell hormones.
- With antioxidants green tea + rice phytic acid.
- With coconut-derived monolaurin for anti-acne disinfection.
- 100% free of all-types-of-fragrances,
- 100% free of phthalates, parabens + other preservatives,
- 100% free of dyes
VMV Hypoallergenics has always been known for their VH-Rating System—VMV INVENTED IT, after all: VH-Numbers can significantly reduce the risk of cosmetic contact dermatitis and other reactions in consumers. But the term “hypoallergenic” may be confusing and associated with claims like “dermatologist tested”, “skin safe” and “natural” as we see that in most products nowadays. One thing that convinced me is that a study on this so called VH-Rating System was published in the March/April 2011 issue of Dermatitis (the journal of the American Contact Dermatitis Society) proving its legitimacy at regulating the hypoallergenic claim. One important confirmation of the data in the study is that VMV PRODUCTS HAD LESS THAN ZERO POINT ONE PERCENT OF REACTIONS REPORTED IN 30 YEARS. Awesome!
For those who are unfamiliar of the brand, let me share with you a brief introduction of VMV Hypoallergenics:
Created in 1979, VMV
Hypoallergenics has a remarkable track record of excellence and innovation. VMV has a proprietary, one-of-akind rating system for hypoallergenicity, which works like the “SPF” system but for hypoallergenicity. All VMV product claims are supported by evidence-based clinical studies – including randomized, double-blind, in vitro and in vivo studies – many of which have appeared in dermatological publications, and VMV patch tests every product, as well as every ingredient and raw material used in its formulations. The company’s track record and results have made VMV a safe product alternative in CAMP, the Contact Allergen Management Program of the American Contact Dermatitis Society
Congratulations to VMV and please continue bringing us wonder beautifying products!