Product Review: Cinema Secrets Concealer Kit #2
Concealers and Correctors is not a must in my daily make-up. But when I attend events and occasions where a lot of picture taking is involved, it is! Especially now that almost everybody is using high-end digital cameras. You can see your photo posted on a website with your tiniest marks exposed when caught unprepared.
I put my search for the perfect concealer on temporary hiatus when I started using the Cinema Secrets Concealer Kit #2. It's also what I've been using for my clients for the past year.
Concealer kit #2 contains highlighters, red/blue/purple/black neutralizers for medium light to ruddy and dark skin. The first two shades in the palette are for correcting reddish marks and the last three are for blue, purple, black.
What I like about this palette:
- Does its function - hides imperfections very well.
- It has everything I need for concealing red marks, dark under eyes and other visible discoloration. This is the only concealer I bring on gigs and when I took my airbrush make-up class.
- Works well on most skin tones.
- It is very easy to blend because of its creamy consistency.
- Long-wearing and water-resistant.
- Photographs well as it is really made for it.
- Some people might not like the plastic packaging. But for me, it's more convenient as it doesn't add a lot of weight in my train case.
- I've read some reviews saying that this concealer tends to crease. If you have oily skin, it does after a few hours especially with the humid weather nowadays. Blotting it with powder helps it stay longer but using a good primer and setting spray would really work.
- Never dip you brush or fingers directly on the product. Use a spatula to get the right amount to use.
- You can use a spatula and a plate to mix and get the right shade for you.
- For me, it's best applied using the Beauty Blender or a Concealer Brush.
Here are some of the photos of my work during the HD Airbrush Make-up Class I took last
month using the Cinema Secrets Concealer Kit #2, Graftobian and OCC Airbrush make-up.
My HG Concealer is Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage. Creamy bases tend to slide off my greasy face, and the formula of LM is hard and less oily so it works for me.