I've been planning to create a post regarding this weeks ago but kept forgetting...I dunno why (sign of getting old =D)...But finally....
A pic of my eye lash extensions last year. This is a medium length with mascara effect
I had this done at I-Lash Salon Greenhills.
Frequently asked questions about Eye Lash extensions from EyeLash Extension Clinic website:
What are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions are an exciting new way to extend the length and thickness of your eyelashes. They are applied on a hair-by-hair basis to your own eyelashes for a completely natural look.
How long will eyelash extensions last?
Touch-ups are recommended after three weeks after initial full set application to replace any eyelashes that may have fallen out. How long your eye lash extensions last will depend on two things - how well you follow the after care instructions and your own natural eyelash growth cycle.
Will the eyelash extension procedure hurt?
Eyelash extensions are completely safe and painless. There is no waxing or plucking required. Neither the eyelash extensions nor the adhesive ever touches your skin.
How long will the procedure take?
2 hours or more
+ It gives you thick and long eyelashes which looks more natural than falsies.
+ Minus three steps on my daily makeup routine. I don't have to line my upper lashlines nor curl and apply mascara.
+ The one I had lasted for almost a month.
+ If you want to try it, I-lash salon is the best place to go. Their place is cozy and relaxing. They also have friendly and well-trained staff (this is the only service they offer so you're sure they're got at it). They also offer almost all kinds of lashes depending on your need. From normal to thick, small to extra long, colored lashes....etc.
- If you want to maintain the extensions you have to come back for touch-up. You have to pay again though (but lesser than the full set application of course) that's why I just let the extensions fall off.
- After the procedure, I had a hard time opening my eyes and it got so teary because of the scent of the glue.
- I find it difficult to maintain. It's hard for me not to scratch my eyes when itchy and be extra gentle when washing my face exp when I'm in a hurry.
- Some of my natural lashes fell off with it
- I find it expensive P1k+. (But I had mine for 50% off). I believe they offer more promos now.
- You have to be very careful when removing makeup. You can't use oil based makeup removers with it.
- Not recommended to have it on for a long time or else you'll lose all your natural lashes.
Will I do it again?
Although I love the result so much...Probably no. It's fine with me curling my lashes and putting on more coats mascara or falsies if I want it longer and thicker.
But if I get it for a very good price, it doesn't hurt trying it once a year =D if I'm being vain haha
And whoever reading this post, have you tried it? Please share your experience...=D