I've been blogging some of the highlights of our Tokyo Tour this summer. I figured why not share the whole itinerary to help those who are going plan their trip.
Google Maps is our best friend when traveling. We used it to navigate and know what establishments are near us. Also, we made our own 8 nights / 9 days itinerary but we did a lot of research before our trip.
Here are the links that really helped us with our ultimate Tokyo itinerary :)
- Japan Guide
- A lot of Japanese don't speak English. So, you also need to learn some basic Japanese words so you could interact when you're in a restaurant or just ask them if you need help with directions. I like this Japanese phrases you need for a travelling video that Currently Hannah did.
- For recommended restaurants to try per area, Paolo From Tokyo's videos helped us a lot. He's a Filipino based in Japan and he has lots of great videos about Japan
Day 1 - Walk at Shibakoen, Minato City
For our Day 1, we just walked around our hotel area which is Hamamutsucho, Shibakoen and Tokyo Tower.
- Arrival at Narita Airport
- Check-in at Hotel Mystays Hamamutsucho (Passed by Shibakoen going to Zozoji Temple. Here you can find a lot of establishments like McDonald's, Yoshinoya, Matsuya, Gindako (one of the most famous Takoyaki places in Japan, Mo's Burger, Starbucks, and a lot more )
- Zozoji Temple
- Tokyo Tower
- watch our Tokyo Japan Day 1 video here.
Day 2 - Explore Western Tokyo
- Sunday Mass at Catholic Hatsudai Church
- Yoyogi Park
- Meiji Shrine
- Harajuku / Tokyu Plaza / Cat Street
- Watch our Tokyo Japan Day 2 video here.